<&BlogMetaData&>

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

The Decision Has Been Made

We have decided to not go through with anymore infertility appts/treatments. We have decided to focus on adoption and I must say, I am soooo very excited! So is Bubba, but I'm more excited. The reason is, we feel we have done everything short of IVF and we know we're gonna have to pay for that since it is not covered by ins. So, we'd rather take that money and put it towards a "sure thing" not a 50/50 chance. It makes sense to us and that's all that matters. I feel very at peace with this decision and it just gives me warm fuzzies inside when I think about it. I seriously feel like a burden has been lifted. Wahoo for me! We know the adoption process isn't gonna be easy. But, at least now we have focus.....and I feel like myself again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzle said...

I understand just how hard this decision must have been for you, but in the end it's right, because you will be GREAT parents for some kid out there who REALLY NEEDS you. I wish you all the very best of luck with the adoption process!

(P.s.- My mom (who had 9 years of inability to conceive) swears up and down that in order to get pregnant all you need to do is pay for a massive overhaul of your living room... perhaps even be so bold as to get white furniture or white carpet... She says as soon as they finished redoing their living room she was miraculously pregnant... So it's just a thought.)

5:20 PM  
Blogger sherrie said...

congratulations, that's awesome for you guys. i'm glad you are at peace and i look forward to hearing how the adoption process goes for you!

8:19 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

As an adoptee I must tell you that you've made a wonderful choice. It's a much harder road today than it was back in the 60's, but you are doing a wonderful thing! Best of luck to you!

12:20 PM  
Blogger Kelly said...

I am SO damn excited. I get to be an aunt!! I cannot WAIT!!!!!!

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home