<&BlogMetaData&>

Friday, September 05, 2008

Baby Mama - by Kelly, sister to the Mama

*Lots of new pics toward the bottom of post!*

Holly and Bubba are now a Mommy and a Daddy!
After a LONG wait, Grady Floyd was born today, September 5th, 2008, at 1:50a.m.
Him's just a little guy, weighing in at 6 pounds 13 ounces, and is 19 inches long.



Grady is reported to have a little bit of blonde hair on his head, blonde eyebrows, and blonde eyelashes. (I know you can't really tell in the photo.) I told Holly this last Sunday when her and Bubba were at my house for Sunday dinner, that I thought it was pretty clear that this baby is definitely Brad's son because he was clearly getting a kick out of faking everyone out for the last three weeks. That is totally something that would entertain Brad; to irritate all the women in his life by saying, "Uhh... maybe today I'll be born. Nope. Wait. Maybe later sucker."

Apparently the hope at this point is for Holly, Brad and Grady to be able to go home together as a family on Saturday. (I HOPE this is the case, because I am more than ready to hold the little man!)

As an innocent bystander in Holly and Bubba's long wait for a child, I just want to say that baby Grady is an absolute miracle. Of course Grady is Holly and Brad's miracle, an absolute dream come true. But I have to say that it is a real blessing to me, and I'm sure to you, to be able to witness such a long anticipated event come to fruition.

Not only are Holly and I sisters, but I consider her to be one of my best friends. I have watched the pain involved with her and Brad's infertility and it absolutely broke my heart to watch their struggle over the last, I don't know, FIVE years. Holly and Brad finally have gotten their baby and I am humbled to have been able to stand by and watch this miracle unfold.

May Grady bring them much deserved joy and happiness for the forever to come.


UPDATE**
I will be adding pictures to this post as I get them from Holly and Brad...

UPDATE2- 10:55pm***
Well, I got to see Baby Grady tonight!! (I was a bit weepy for the first few minutes, but I know that all of YOU would have been too, so I'm trying not to feel bad about it.) He is, of course, even CUTER in person! He slept the ENTIRE time we were there and reportedly is not a cryer. (And as I witnessed, quite a good sleeper.) I was able to meet Rachel, Grady's Birthmom. She is absolutely great and I am so glad that I was able to meet her, hug her, and thank her in person for this amazing gift that she's given to Holly and Brad. (And to all the rest of their family and friends, for that matter.)

Holly and Brad both look really good considering their complete lack of sleep... The happiness definitely is showing. Rachel has signed all the papers and Holly and Brad are taking Grady home tomorrow, hopefully in the morning.

I hate to make all of you jealous, but I am SO glad that I live close and am able to be a bystander on such a miraculous, beautiful day. Grady is the CUTEST and I look forward to every. single. time that I get to babysit him!!

Now, I hope you don't mind that I'm about to bombard you with about one million tons of cute!




34 Comments:

Blogger Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Congrats!! I actually just teared up reading this. I have been checking in on a regular basis and waiting for this day like everybody else. I'm happy for you both and for your new family!! We will keep you all in our prayer's. Love you! Cant wait for the pics.

Brent

10:23 AM  
Blogger heidi said...

Yea!! Congratulations to the new mom and dad. We are so happy for this new little family!

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute little guy! Congrats again Holly! Cherish every little moment with him because he will be going to pre-school before you know it!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Sunny and Tom Richins said...

I am so happy for you. It literally brings tears to my eyes. Im so glad that your sister updated your blog so that we could hear the good news. I look forward to more photos and updates.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Welcome to the world baby Grady!!! You are one lucky boy to have such wonderful parents! Congatulations Holly & Brad!!!! I immediately got the chills when I saw this post! I can't wait to see more pictures and to read about all of Grady's antics in years to come!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

1:04 PM  
Blogger little miss bean said...

congratulations, my friend! i am so excited for you guys. i have been checking this blog ALL day just waiting and hoping. and grady is just a darling name! LOVE IT! tons of love to you and brad... and kiss that baby boy all over for me! xoxo

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jen Kesler said...

Welcome to the world Grady...We love you!

1:34 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

CONGRATULATIONS MOMMY (and Daddy)! I have been wanting to say that for a REALLY LONG time! I REALLY wish we lived closer- I am sad that I am not there in person to share your joy...great now I am crying! Anyway, please post a new picture every day! Congrats again! Love you guys!

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! What's wrong with naming the baby Bufford Floyd?

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jana Heller said...

i am totally crying right now! i love you smalls and am so excited for you! i can't wait to see more pictures of the little guy. congratulations!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Britney said...

Congrats to the new mom and dad! I'm so excited for you! He is adorable!!

2:54 PM  
Blogger sherrie said...

congrats! so exciting that the little man finally came ;)

3:31 PM  
Blogger little miss bean said...

that second picture is even more precious than the first... i love that blonde hair! he looks perfect! xoxo

and a big thank you to kelly for the updates! i am loving the pics, thanks to you! you pitton girls truly are one for all! you are so lucky to have each other! xoxo

4:02 PM  
Blogger URFAVE 5+A Few said...

Oh that baby is absolutely precious!!! We are so happy that the baby is finally here! Congratulations!!!

And thanks Kelly for the update!!!

JoLynn and Brian

4:32 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

That second picture is absolutely precious!!! What a sweet little angel!!!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Juli said...

YEA!! Grady's here!!
Congratulations Holly & Brad, we could not be more excited for you all! Grady is beautiful and i'm sure having him in your arms is so worth your long journey to him.......Holly if you need any "new mom" advice just call Shane, he has all the answers! ;0 (NOT)
xoxo

Juli and Shane

4:55 PM  
Blogger Charlene said...

I am soooo happy for you guys!! I can't even imagine the heartache and frustration you have been through these past few years, but it brings me to tears to see your dream coming true. You will be great parents because I know how much Simon and Helene love you both! I wonder how excited they will be to have to share you with Grady now??

Grady is such a CUTE CUTE baby and I'm sure you will be relishing every moment with him. CONGRATS!!!

:) Charlene

6:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new family!!!

9:13 AM  
Blogger little miss bean said...

love the family pic! you look so pleased :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger featherhead said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! The Mayor is not going to be happy she is Yosemite right now.... Little Miss was excited to see her new boyfriend though!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger erin said...

Holly...it's me Erin from High School...Congrats to you and Brad on your darling new baby boy...Hope you are all doing well~~ Keep the pictures coming!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Jana Heller said...

he is such a good looking newborn! I just want to kiss on him! Love the new pictures.

2:22 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

He is perfect. Like absolutely amazing to look at. Eric and I just looked at the photo of you and Brad looking at him, you holding him and we both said, "that is awesome" at the same time. We love you! What you feel right now, only grows.

8:34 PM  
Blogger URFAVE 5+A Few said...

So SO sweet! Love the pictures! We are so happy for you. I got emotional reading and seeing the pictures. I'm just so happy for you guys.
Love, JoLynn

11:26 PM  
Blogger Casey said...

Just had to add my congrats! He's an angel! I wish you all the best!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Potters said...

Like everyone above...congrats...well done. Handsome boy you have, what a blessing.

Franz

7:29 PM  
Blogger JUST BE... said...

Congratulations!!!!!! He is beautiful. What a perfect family. Love you.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby, and what a happy family! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

3:25 PM  
Blogger Julianne said...

What, have you been busy with a newborn or something?? We want more pictures!

12:02 AM  
Blogger Lizzle said...

I think we've just established that just over 6 lbs of cute is really more than most folks can handle! Congratulations Holly and Bubba! He's beautiful and all yours!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Bryan and Lyndsey said...

Holy cow he is so cute. You look so cute holding him Hooly. I am so glad that you finally got hi,! Thanks to Kelly fo rthe updates and photos. They are priceless.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Harper said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! I am so happy for you! :)

Grady is ADORABLE! :)

6:24 PM  
Blogger Rebekah's Mom said...

I am totally smitten and in love with my newest nephew...and I can't wait to meet him. I'm TOTALLY jealous of Kelly. I am so excited and elated for you and Brad. Congratulations!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous P3t3 said...

What? you have a baby now?

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home